I didn’t really make a 2013 Resolutions cause I don’t know, maybe I forgot or I got to busy with senior year, or I just didn’t bother to make one. Since I promised to keep up with the blog, I might as well end the year off with the things that I want for the new year.
I find it really helpful to do this because I would know the things I need to do and prioritize my set goals for the year. This makes me busy, which I really like, and it gives me a sense of challenge—to accomplish everything on this list.
This list can go on and on and on, but I’m going to share my top 10 on the list:
- EAT HEALTHY. So I entered college. Not a big deal. I moved into a condominium. Not a big deal. I don’t know how to cook. BIG DEAL. This forces me to spend a lot on delivery and take outs. For the past few months, I’ve been eating more on fast foods than home-cooked meals and salads. IF ONLY COOKING WAS MY FORTE.
- GET FIT. This isn’t really a problem since there’s a gym 4 floors down from where I live and by looking at my 3rd term schedule, I can always fit in “GYM TIME” I’ve been such a gym freak since I moved to Manila for college. And now I am more motivated ever since I met someone who’s also a gym freak like me and I have friends who’s into it.
- STOP A BAD HABIT. I started it this year and I’m gonna end it this year. Period.
- FOCUS ON WHAT’S IMPORTANT. Basically my studies. I have been so lazy to actually give out my best in my school, to be honest. I pass reports that are “okay”, I get grades that are “fine”, I always have the “at least I passed” attitude. This I swear, I am going to stop being such a bum and get my ass up and work hard. Amen? AMEN!
- DECLUTTER MY THOUGHTS. I usually overthink a lot of things. Well, I guess everyone does. But mine is the kind that keeps me up all night, makes me worry, makes me feel uncomfortable and it stresses me out.
- HONE MY TALENT. I am no expert but I can sing. I’m not as good as everyone thinks I am, and it’s hard having to keep up with people’s expectations, but at the same time it challenges me to be better. I want to be able to write better songs and play better music. Huhuhuhuhu. I suck.
- READ MORE. I am a bookworm. I usually read at night, before I sleep. It’s hard though, I have to balance gym time, homework time, and reading time in one night. AND THE FACT THAT MITCH ALBOM’S NEW BOOK IS OUT AND I DONT HAVE TIME TO BUY AND READ IT HURTS ME AND MAKES ME WANT TO CURL UP AND CRY.
- KNOW THY PRIORITIES. Who’s the Queen of Procrastination? I AM! The mos annoying thing about myself is that I have this “I’ll do this later” or “Too tired to do anything” attitude and I’ve been like that for as long as I can remember. Because of this, I can’t pass outstanding homework, projects, etc. I tend to do the unimportant things first.
- KEEP THY HEAD UP. No matter what happens, no matter the issues, problems, and obstacles I’m going to encounter on 2014, I’m going to keep my head up and face it all.
- BE HAPPY. I’m ending the year with a huge smile on my face and I’m about to start 2014 with an even bigger smile. I find true happiness when I’m around people that accepts my flaws and imperfections.
This year has been great. Here’s to more challenges, tears, laughter, and memories! Hoping that 2014 will be a better year for all of us. Happy New Year, my dear readers! Thank you for keeping up with my blog and my inconsistent posts. Hehehe.
Much love, Jan :)
I feel like denim is endless, you can go on and on pairing it with different piece and would still look classy and tone down the whole outfit. I went with a Denim + Leather look today. Even my bag is matchy matchy!
The very thing I like about this denim polo I got is that it has studs on the collar that makes it look a bit edgy. I can wear this with a pastel pink dress and still make it look adorable.
Gray Tee from MANGO
Denim Polo from FOREVER 21
Black Leggings from BERSHKA
Brown Boots from FOREVER 21
Denim Tote Bag from TRAUFALIC by ZARA
Had a song stuck on my head and started writing when I woke up. :)
The funny thing about this was I woke up humming the tune of the song and mixed random lines together and eventually decided to finish it and smooth it all out, fixing the lyrics and everything.
This is my first published original composition, which I named “King of Lies”.
Sometimes we think that we’ve finally moved on with our lives, making those hurtful memories disappear like it never happened in the first place. Memories will always be there, either to enlighten or to scar you. It’s something we can never outrun, no matter how hard we try.
I’m scarred with such beautiful memories.
We’re just memories. There’s nothing left of us in reality. Everything we did, everything we felt, are just fragments of our mind, we both try to forget but can’t. It hurts, you know, having to be constantly reminded of what we used to be, of what we could be.
What I would give to be in your arms. The place where I felt safe and secure, the place where everything felt right.
What I would give to see your face. The face that I would never forget, even if I tried. It’s always everywhere, just in sight.
What I would give to hold your hand. So warm, so soft. It’s like telling the whole world I’m yours and you’re mine.
What I would give to feel your love. The kind of love that gave me butterflies in my stomach and that chills through my spine.
What I would give to spend a day with you. Your presence, the factor of my happiness.
What I would give to to love you more. Make you feel special, loved, and wanted.
But then, I question myself
Your hand, was it ever mine to hold?
Your face, was it ever mine to look at?
Your arms, was it ever mine to feel?
Your time, was it ever mine to have?
Your love, was it ever mine at all?
We’re just memories, There’s nothing left of us in reality.
Everything we did, everything we felt are just fragments of our mind, we both try to forget but can’t.
You’re just a memory
A beautifully scarred memory.
RIO has finally released the newest collection! YAY! But of course, before releasing it, we did a fun photoshoot in Taft!
Models: Jan Tiong, Patricia Gavan
Photographers: Katrine Lee, Andrei Calleja
Stylists: Riona Estuar, Amiel Calleja
Designer: Riona Estuar
Visit the RIO page for the collection and grab your fave piece! :)
In case you guys didn’t know, I do have a soundcloud and I post covers from time to time. I’m currently working on my original songs which I will post by the time I finish it. :)
Click on the soundcloud picture and it will direct you to my soundcloud page :)
Midterms are coming up so our Natsci professor gave us the privilege to host our very first Fashion Show which will also serve as our Midterm Project for his subject. We were asked to design outfits which fits the themes: Marvels Earth, Futuristic, Suits and Fashionable Scientist. All creations were designed to fit the criteria as it is mandatory to use recyclable materials.
Model: Kate Reynancia
Materials: Cardboard, Gold Foil, Wire, Newspaper, Old CD’s
Model: Patricia Gavan
Theme: Marvels of the Earth
Materials: Fake Leaves, Old skirt, Wires, Old headband
Model: Mica de Guzman
Materials: Newspaper, Foil, BBQ sticks, Silver spray paint
Model: Krixia Azucena
Materials: Fake leaves, Newspaper, Wires
Model: Goldalyn Villegas
Materials: Old CD’s, Rice Sacks, Bottle Caps, Sticks
Model: Hanna See
Materials: Garbage bag, Old slacks, Magazines, Caution Tape
Model: Charie Alamer
Materials: Duct tape, Old CD’s
Model: Dianne Contreras
Materials: Foil, Old CD’s,Cardboard
Model: Sydney Aviso
Materials: Rice Sack, Newspaper, Cardboard, Paint
We save Mother Earth by making wonderful and creative outfits out of recyclable materials! Fashionable and environment friendly at the same time!
With my fellow Fashion Designer in-the-making, Abraham Guardian. I blogged about him in my previous post! CLICK HERE for his outfit post!
Credits to Hammy G for some of the pictures! <3